A huge thank you to Nourish for the nomination. Please be sure to check out their blog – great recipes as well as some really wonderful and inciteful writing about disordered eating, mental health and recovery.
What is the Golden Bloggerz Award?
The Golden Bloggerz Award was created by Chris Kosto to motivate and reward all the amazing bloggers who work hard every day to serve their audiences and deserve some recognition.
- Place the award logo on your blog.
- Mention the rules.
- Mention the award creator and link to their blog.
- Thank whomever nominated you and link to their blog.
- Tell your audience three things about you.
- Answer your nominator’s questions.
- Nominate 10 people who deserve this award.
- Ask the nominees 5 questions of your choice.
- Let the nominees know of their nomination by commenting on their social media or blog.
- Share links to 2-3 of your best/favorite posts.
Three Things About Me
- I think about food all the time! I really want to show people that vegan cooking can be just as (if not more) exciting, delicious and satisfying as cooking with animal products.
- I have a chronic illness which can significantly limit my day-to-day life. I’m a big believer in the power of food, not only to aid your physical health, but to support your mental health too. And that means eating things that you love and that make you feel good.
- When I’m not thinking about food, I like to paint, knit socks, and spend quality time with my animals; Mollie the Sprollie and Coco the grumpy cat.
Answers to Nourish’s Questions
- What is your dream career?
I’m not sure it counts as a career, but if I had the money I would set up a farm sanctuary with a vegan cafe. But in the absence of a windfall, I’m hoping to train as a art therapist.
2. What is the best and worst thing about blogging?
It’s wonderful when people tell me that they’ve tried my recipes and loved them! I also really like the fact that blogging has given my slightly haphazard and experimental approach to cooking a bit more structure – at the very least I have to write my recipes down. The worst thing is is probably when everything I’ve cooked that week has gone a bit wrong and I’m out of inspiration and energy. Then it can feel like a bit of a chore.
3. What is something you used to take for granted but don’t anymore?
My health! I never imagined I would get a chronic illness and it has been a long (and ongoing) journey to accept the limitations that come with it. But it also means I am grateful for the good patches, and the things I am still able to enjoy. Like cooking. And eating.
4. If you had to power to change any one thing about the world, what would it be?
This is such a good question! I think it would be for world powers and large corporations to take responsibility for the climate crisis and do what is necessary to ensure that the environment and the natural world is protected for future generations. The lack of moral leadership and courage amongst those with the power and money to make a significant difference is really terrifying.
5. What are you looking forward to doing over the summer?
Seeing friends! Spending time in pub beer gardens. Hopefully being able to hug people. There is so much to look forward to.
- The World Through My Eyes
- The Healthy Rabbits Recipes
- The Dragon’s Picnic
- Nourishing Amy
- The Zero-Waste Chef
- Six Vegan Sisters
- Little Chef’s Apron
- Gluten-Free and Vegan Alchemist
- Lifes Fine Whine
- Illustrated Poetry
Questions for my nominees
- Why did you start blogging?
- What have you learned that you wished you had known when you started your blog?
- What is your all-time favourite meal?
- What are you looking forward to this year?
- How do you unwind after a hard day’s blogging?
My Favorite Posts
- Vegan Chocolate Tart – I’ve made this so many times. It’s easy, delicious and pretty much fool-proof.
- Bao with Smoked Tofu and Kimchi Mayo – So. Much. Flavour.
- Sticky Ginger and Apple Cake with Brandy Caramel Sauce – I could eat the sauce alone but the cake is also excellent.
But there’ll be many more recipes to come, so there may be new favourites round the corner.
And to all the bloggers out there – keep up the good work!